Below is a list of general nursing theory books that will help you get started:
When doing a general search on nursing theory and theorists, consider using the subject headings:
Nursing Models, Theoretical
If you are searching for a particular theorist, follow these steps:
1. Type the theorist's last name in the search box and click on Search.
2. Check the box next to Nightingale's Theory of nursing.
3. Click on Search Database located on the far right side of the screen. When the screen refreshes, you will see a list of articles discussing your theorist or theory.
The Nursing Reference Center Plus (NRC+) is another resource for nursing theory/theorist information. Evidence-based care sheets are a special feature of NRC+. There are evidence-based care sheets available for some nursing theories/theorists. Follow these steps to see if an evidence-based care sheet is available for your desired nursing theory/theorist:
1. Type the theorist's last name in the search box. Click on Search.
2. PDF and HTML versions of the evidence-based care sheet are available.